How to use?
- In Firefox please activate the status bar (View->Status Bar)
- Enter the url of the page to check into the address bar and press return
- Wait while loading! (The word „Done“ should be displayed in the status bar at bottom of Firefox)
- Please click onto the word YSLOW in your status bar
- Please change the YSLOW ruleset to [GWI] Live Website to test a already given website or choose [GWI] Template to test a (local) HTML template
- Press the button "Run Test" (if it not starts automaticly)
- Read the rules
Tips & Tricks / Hints
- You should deactivate the browser cache to prevent failed analyses
- The scores of front pages are often more worse than entry or article pages
- You should only compare the same site types eg. article site from domain a with article site from domain b to get a valid result
- To receive an overall score from the whole site you should test all possible page types like front page, entry detail, category overview and calculate the average score.
- If you are unsure of the given result of a page please try a hard reload (Strg+F5 / Cmd+Shift+R) of the page and apply the ruleset again
- Pages should ever tested with full included components like ads or external widgets or services to get a valid result.
- Please also check the ruleset "Small Site or Blog" from YSLOW to receive additional performance related optimization hints
- You can print or save the result of the rules by pressing the button Printable View!